Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner will start the first race of the 2011 season on pole after setting the fastest time during qualifying today.
Team-mate Dani Pedrosa was the only other rider who could come close to Stoner's time and will start from second on the grid, ahead of reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo.
Marco Simoncelli set the fourth fasest time, after languishing mid pack for most of the session before improving in the final moments.
Brit Cal Crutchlow will start his first MotoGP race from eighth on the grid, ahead of Valentino Rossi in ninth and team-mate Colin Edwards in 10th.
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 54.137s
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 54.342s
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 54.947s
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 54.988s
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 55.095s
6. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 1m 55.223s
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 55.229s
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 55.578s
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 55.637s
10. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 55.647s
11. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 1m 55.656s
12. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 55.724s
13. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 55.881s
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 1m 56.323s
15. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 56.665s
16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 57.992s