Carlos Checa (Althea Racing Ducati) continued his dominant form at Magny-Cours to take his fourteenth race win of the season in the second race at the French circuit and round off his championship winning weekend in style.
Checa held off pressure from Marco Melandri (Yamaha World Superbike Team) who made a last minute bid for the lead. Eugene Laverty took third, having led the race before dropping off the pace and being passed by team mate Melandri in the final minutes of the race.
Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) just missed out on a second podium finish, taking fourth place, whilst Sylvain Guintoli and Leon Camier took fifth and sixth respectively.
Checa will go into the final round of the season with 467 points, 107 ahead of Marco Melandri in second overall with 360. Eugene Laverty moved up to third in the championship with a total of 283 points.
1. Carlos Checa Althea Racing 23 38'17.851
2. Marco Melandri Yamaha World Superbike Team 23 38'19.118
3. Eugene Laverty Yamaha World Superbike Team 23 38'19.894
4. Leon Haslam BMW Motorrad Motorsport 23 38'24.357
5. Sylvain Guintoli Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing 23 38'25.694
6. Leon Camier Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team 23 38'26.211
7. Joan Lascorz Kawasaki Racing Team 23 38'33.136
8. Ayrton Badovini BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team 23 38'33.400
9. Troy Corser BMW Motorrad Motorsport 23 38'34.129
10. Noriyuki Haga PATA Racing Team Aprilia 23 38'40.847
11. Javier Fores BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team 23 39'00.983
12. Maxime Berger Supersonic Racing Team 23 39'05.697
RT Roberto Rolfo Team Pedercini 19 32'02.403
RT Jonathan Rea Castrol Honda 13 21'36.461
RT Mark Aitchison Team Pedercini 4 20'27.804
RT Michel Fabrizio Team Suzuki Alstare 23'21.492
RT Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing Team Superbike 1'39.136