On the very day Britain’s Prime Minister Gordon Brown was taking delivery of the ministerial fleet’s first all-electric car, British motorcycle manufacturer Mavizen unveiled their TTX02 at Bloomberg, Finsbury Square in London yesterday – the world’s first production electric supersport bike.
But ignore the lights – fitted for Mavizen to carry out road testing - a batch of 50 machines is being produced solely for racing in TTXGP and features a KTM RC8 rolling chassis and the drive train from the Isle of Man TT winning Agni bike.
TTX02 is FIM homologated and is suitable for racing across the entire TTXGP road racing programme.
It will be ready for delivery at the end of February/early March and costs £25,000.
The bike – nicknamed ‘the laptop on wheels,’ is being produced by TTXGP founder, Azhar Hussain.
He said: “We are living in a click culture and connectivity is the key, across the board.
"Our approach was to find out how we could make a laptop go racing. We think electric vehicles have more in common with consumer electronics than traditional automotives.”
* It is the first motorsport vehicle in the world to ship with integrated IP connectivity
* Core operating system is open source Linux
* USB based system bus allows virtually unlimited number of peripherals to extend the capabilities of the machine with plug’n’play
* Remote factory support package available
* Swappable drive train and batteries at trackside.
* Common chassis for multiple racing series.
* Multiple configurations available depending on the racing series.
* Built on a homologated, world class chassis
* Drive train developed from the TTXGP Isle of Man 2009 Champion
* Strictly limited numbers.
Dry weight: 110kg (without batteries)
Seat height: 805 mm
Ground clearance: 110 mm (depending on battery and suspension configuration)
Wheelbase: 1,430 mm
Frame type: Chromoly trellis frame, powder-coated
Rake (fork angle): 23.3°
Trail: 90 mm
Front suspension: WP-USD, 43 mm
Front suspension travel: 120 mm
Rear suspension: WP-Monoshock
Rear suspension travel: 125 mm
Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-17
Rear tyre dimensions: 190/55-17
Front brakes: Double disc Brembo 320 mm
Rear brake: Single disc Brembo 220 mm