Peter Hickman took his second Ulster Grand Prix victory of the day after getting the better of a hard charging Bruce Anstey in the opening Supersport race.
After lights to flag victories in the Dundrod 150 Superbike and this morning’s Superstock race, Hickman faced his first big challenge as the six lap Supersport race got underway with Bruce Anstey putting up a fight from the very first lap.
The duo spent the entire race jostling for the lead, with Anstey enjoying the benefit of a slightly higher top speed but Hickman staying in touch in the slipstream.
A strong move saw Hickman concrete the victory on the final lap, leaving Anstey with no answer as they completed the final few miles with the Smiths Trooper Triumph crossing the line 0.1 seconds ahead of the Padgetts Honda.
Lee Johnston made a heroic return to the podium after his Isle of Man TT accident on the very bike he was racing, beating close friend Dean Harrison after another race long scrap.
William Dunlop took fifth despite riding with a broken scaphoid, ahead of brother Michael on the MD Racing Carl Cox Yamaha.
Conor Cummins took seventh on the third Padgetts machine ahead of Derek McGee and Jamie Coward while youngster Adam McLean rounded out the top ten.
Supersport Race 1 Result
- Peter Hickman – Smiths Trooper Triumph
- Bruce Anstey – Padgetts Racing +0.188
- Lee Johnston – Padgetts Racing +0.947
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki +1.599
- William Dunlop – IC Racing Yamaha +1.815
- Michael Dunlop – MD Racing Carl Cox Yamaha +2.166
- Conor Cummins – Padgetts Racing +16.638
- Derek McGee – Yamaha +18.615
- Jamie Coward – Radcliffe’s Racing +18.675
- Adam McLean – Kawasaki +22.207
Have a browse for your next bike on MCN Bikes For Sale website or use the MCN's Bikes For Sale App.