Ryuichi Kiyonari has taken his third World Superbike win in a wet race two at Donington Park ahead of Cal Crutchlow.
The reigning British Champion led from the beginning in a race which saw torrential rain throughout. The conditions saw Troy Corser wave his hand several times to try and get the race stopped in the first few laps.
Troy Corser spent the beginning of the race in third place after a horrific weekend at Donington, which saw him crash his Yamaha Italia R1 six times. Corser looked set for third place with a healthy lead from Crutchlow, but he was not able to stop the aggresive riding Crutchlow, who was desperate for a podium finish at his first WSB round.
Cal Crutchlow's team-mate Leon Haslam was having a good race in fourth position when he crashed out a mere three laps from the end and was unable to restart.
Fellow BSB wildcard James Ellison had an amazing race to finish fourth. Ellison was running in fifth several seconds behind Leon Haslam when he ran straight on at Coppice.
Fortunately Ellison was able to rejoin the race and battled his way past WSB regulars such as Ruben Xaus, Michel Fabrizio and Max Biaggi to eventually finish an amazing fourth!
Brit Chris Walker had a lucky escape early on when he ran on at Schwantz and was extremely lucky not to collide with other riders when he rejoined. Walker unfortuantely only completed five laps.
Championship leader Troy Bayliss was running in second place until he came off at Schwantz on lap 12.
Noriyuki Haga was forced to retire on lap 12 after he was black flagged due to what is thought to be a jump start.
Race two second place finisher Tom Sykes didn't get the start he hoped for and could not find his rhythm to work his way up the pack and he finished 10th.
1. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 23 laps
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR +2.261secs
3. Troy Corser AUS Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 +9.727secs
4. James Ellison GBR Hydrex Bike Animal Honda CBR1000RR +20.227secs
5. Michel Fabrizio ITA Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 +27.475secs
6. Max Biaggi ITA Sterilgarda Go Eleven 1098 RS08 +28.051secs
7. Gregorio Lavilla SPA Ventaxia VK Honda CBR1000RR +30.922secs
8. Ruben Xaus SPA Sterilgarda Go Eleven 1098 RS08 +38.353secs
9. Carlos Checa SPA Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR +50.196secs
10. Tom Sykes GBR Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000 +52.346secs
11. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA RG Racing 1098 RS08 +1min 03.093secs
12. Jakub Smrz CZE Guandalini Racing by Grifo's 1098 RS08 +1min 06.697secs
13. Robert Rolfo ITA Hannspree Honda Althea CBR1000RR +1min 08.057secs
14. Max Neukirchner GER Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +1min 15.276secs
15. Regis Laconi ITA PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX-10R +1min 38.848secs
16 Makoto Tamada JPN PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX-10R +1 lap
17. Shuhei Aoyama JPN Alto Evolution Honda CBR1000RR +1 lap
18. Shinichi Nakatomi JPN YZF Yamaha YZF-R1 +1 lap
19. Yukio Kagayama JPN Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +1 lap
20. Karl Muggeridge AUS D.F. Racing CBR1000RR +2 laps
Did Not Finish
21. Leon Haslam GBR HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR 19 laps completed
22. David Checa ESP Yamaha France Ipone GMT 94 YZF-R1 17 laps completed
23. Fonsi Nieto SPA Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 17 laps completed
24. Matt Lynn USA Alto Evolution Honda CBR1000RR 17 laps completed
25. Chris Walker GBR Ventaxia VK Honda CBR1000RR 5 laps completed
26. Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 12 laps completed
27. Christian Zaiser AUT Grillini PBR Team YZF-R1 7 laps completed
28. Ayrton Badovini ITA Team Pedercini ZX-10R 6 laps completed
29. Luca Morelli ITA D.F. Racing CBR1000RR 3 laps completed
30. Sebastien Gimbert FRA Yamaha France Ipone GMT 94 YZF-R1 2 laps completed
31. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Team Pedercini ZX-10R 2 laps completed