Carlos Checa (Althea Racing Ducati) took victory at the Nürburgring in race one, fighting initial challenges from Pata Aprilia rider Noriyuki Haga, who twice took the lead, before stretching a gap over his rivals.
Marco Melandri (Yamaha World Superbike) recovered from a mistake that left him chasing Haga, but with five laps remaining the Italian was able to reclaim second place and relegated Haga to third.
Eugene Laverty (Yamaha World Superbike) secured fourth, finishing ahead of Leon Haslam, who had dropped out of fifth early on, running off the track and slipping back to fourteenth before working his way throught the pack to re-take fifth.
Max Biaggi (Aprilia Alitalia) was a non-starter, suffering from a fractured metatarsal, tendon and nerve damage in his left foot after being struck by a stone in the first qualifying session.
1. Carlos Checa Althea Racing 38'59.7792
2. Marco Melandri Yamaha World Superbike Team 39'01.6343
3. Noriyuki Haga PATA Racing Team Aprilia 39'02.1014
4. Eugene Laverty Yamaha World Superbike Team 39'07.5685
5. Leon Haslam BMW Motorrad Motorsport 39'09.5066
6. Sylvain Guintoli Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing 39'09.8927
7. Joan Lascorz Kawasaki Racing Team 39'17.0058
8. Leon Camier Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team 39'17.0079
9. Ayrton Badovini BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team 39'17.94510
10. Jonathan Rea Castrol Honda 39'19.23611
11. Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing Team Superbike 39'21.91512
12. Mark Aitchison Team Pedercini 39'25.12513
13. James Toseland BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team 39'31.39614
14. Roberto Rolfo Team Pedercini 39'31.57515
15. Troy Corser BMW Motorrad Motorsport 39'33.09916
16. Michel Fabrizio Team Suzuki Alstare 39'37.92817
17. Makoto Tamada Castrol Honda 40'15.922 RT
18. Jakub Smrz Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing 23'59.701 RT
19. Maxime Berger Supersonic Racing Team 47'53.317 RT