Hannspree Honda rider Fabien Foret has won the World Supersport race at Imola today after Chaz Davies' suffered a mechanical problem while leading the race.
Davies was comfortably leading by over 10 seconds before his Yamaha R6 suffered a mechanical problem, sending smoke billowing out of the back of the bike. Davies' championsip lead has now been slashed to 35 points with two rounds remaining.
Brit Sam Lowes then took the lead and looked on course for the win, after holding off Foret, but the factory Honda rider managed to out-brake the Brit coming into the final chicane on the penultimate lap. Motocard Kawasaki rider Broc Parkes finished third.
Gino Rea was battling for a podium finish in the closing stages of the race before the young Brit crashed, remounting to finish 11th.
1. Fabien Foret (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 35'56.214
2. Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 35'56.380
3. Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 35'58.713
4. Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'00.047
5. David Salom (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'02.539
6. James Ellison (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'18.086
7. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'22.040
8. Miguel Praia (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'23.767
9. Stefano Cruciani (Puccetti R. Kawasaki Italia) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'26.258
10. Danilo Dell'Omo (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 36'27.354
11. Gino Rea (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 36'28.426
12. Pawel Szkopek (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'29.059
13. Patrik Vostàrek (Prorace) Honda CBR600RR 36'29.616
14. Ondrej Jezek (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 36'38.851
15. Imre Toth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 36'39.391
16. Catalin Cazacu (PTR Romania Honda) Honda CBR600RR 37'45.856
17. Eduard Blokhin (RivaMoto) Yamaha YZF R6 37'05.085
RT. Ronan Quarmby (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 32'30.317
RT. Massimo Roccoli (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 30'29.247
RT. Chaz Davies (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 26'18.534
RT. Alexander Lundh (Cresto Guide Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 26'44.039
RT. Balazs Nemeth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 21'06.963
RT. Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 13'10.436
RT. Mitchell Pirotta (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 12'18.807
RT. Roberto Tamburini (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 6'06.115
RT. Bastien Chesaux (MACH Racing) Honda CBR600RR 1'52.059
RT. Marko Jerman (MD Team Jerman) Triumph Daytona 675
RT. Robbin Harms (Harms Benjan Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR