Althea Ducati rider Carlos Checa has won both WSB races at Imola today to take the lead in the championship.
It was the same story as race one, with pole setter Tom Sykes getting off to a flyer and leading the race by up to 2.6 seconds and setting a new lap record of 1:47.553, before Checa slipped past on lap 15.
Sykes managed to hold on to second spot despite a late charge from factory BMW rider Leon Haslam, who was unable to find a way past, settling for third spot ahead of Aprilia rider Max Biaggi.
Irishman Jonathan Rea rode a remarkable race to finish in fifth place, despite running off track on the first lap and in the second half of the race. Fellow Irishman Eugene Laverty finished sixth.
Brit Leon Camier managed to regroup after his first race crash to record an impressive eighth place finish onboard the Crescent Fixi Suzuki ahead of Joan Lascorz and Marco Melandri. Team-mate John Hopkins was unable to finish the race, retiring to the pits after four laps.
World Supersport champion Chaz Davies also managed to recover from his race one upset to finish in 14th place on the ParkinGO Aprilia.
1. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 37'57.571
2. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 37'59.506
3. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 38'00.540
4. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'00.917
5. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 38'16.496
6. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'18.751
7. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 38'18.963
8. Leon Camier (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 38'21.368
9. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'21.790
10. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 38'23.170
11. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'23.347
12. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'23.575
13. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 38'28.743
14. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'31.408
15. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 38'43.112
16. Brett McCormick (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 38'48.378
17. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'48.654
18. Mark Aitchison (Grillini Progea Superbike Team) BMW S1000 RR 38'55.404
RT. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 36'27.638
RT. Niccolò Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 30'58.155
RT. Leandro Mercado (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 26'02.047
RT. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 22'12.494
RT. Lorenzo Alfonsi (Team Pro Ride Real Game Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 15'22.988
RT. John Hopkins (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 7'27.009
RT. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR