Frenchman Loris Baz has won the first Superbike race at Silverstone in a tricky race which saw both wet and dry conditions.
The first run of the race was red-flagged after several riders fell off on the opening lap.
Ducati rider Carlos Checa got off to a good start in the race, which was declared wet, but the following pack soon caught up to the Spaniard as they gained confidence in the conditions.
Honda rider Jonathan Rea did well to stay on after running off track on the opening lap, rejoining in last place.
Brits Leon Haslam, Tom Sykes and Leon Camier all got off to a good start in the tricky conditions. Camier crashed out of a podium position late in the race ended his podium hopes.
Checa again made his way in to first position in the latter half of the race, but was soon caught up by Haslam when rain started to fall.
With rain falling and the track visibly wet Haslam looked in control of the race but was unable to hold on.
With two laps to go the sun came out and Baz, Michel Fabrizio and Ayrton Badovini were able to catch the BMW rider. By this point Rea had moved back through the field and was also pushing for a podium finish.
Coming in to the final corner Rea was in second, but the two BMW riders Fabrizio and Badovini pushed the Honda man wide.
Badovini then ran over the white line on the exit, high-siding his machine as he crossed the line. Rea has nowhere to go and also crashed, just after crossing the line to finish fourth.
After a good showing for most of the race, Tom Sykes finished eighth.
Factory Aprilia rider Max Biaggi crashed out of the race on the final lap.
1. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 40'46.128
2. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 40'46.511
3. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 40'46.587
4. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 40'46.667
5. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 40'47.140
6. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 40'48.747
7. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 40'52.251
8. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 40'55.298
9. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 41'05.150
10. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 41'05.215
11. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 41'15.968
12. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 41'16.286
13. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 41'30.350
14. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 42'06.515
15. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 42'28.826
16. Sylvain Guintoli (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 41'27.489
17. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 41'53.544
RT. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'23.341
RT. Leon Camier (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 30'28.566
RT. Niccolò Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 31'11.647
RT. John Hopkins (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 21'57.027
NS. Norino Brignola (Grillini Progea Superbike Team) BMW S1000 RR
NS. David Johnson (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R