Donington Park WSB: Sam Lowes takes first WSS win
Published: 13 May 2012
Brit Sam Lowes has taken his first World Supersport victory in front of his home crowd at Donington Park today.
Lowes didn't get the best start from second on the grid, dropping back to fifth place, with team-mate Jules Cluzel taking the lead. Wildcard Glen Richards got a brilliant start from the second row of the grid, moving up to second behind Cluzel.
Lowes didn't waste time getting to the front of the pack, and before long had relegated Cluzel to second place.
Sofuoglu then saw his chance to move up to second place. A couple of blisteringly fast laps at the end of the race from Lowes sealed his first victory on the World stage.
1. Sam Lowes (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 33'43.603
2. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 33'44.281
3. Jules Cluzel (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 33'47.590
4. Broc Parkes (Ten Kate Racing Products) Honda CBR600RR 33'51.691
5. Glen Richards (Smiths Gloucester) Triumph Daytona 675 33'55.389
6. Sheridan Morais (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'04.452
7. Ronan Quarmby (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 34'07.398
8. Valentine Debise (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 34'07.697
9. Billy McConnell (Smiths Gloucester) Triumph Daytona 675 34'10.266
10. Fabien Foret (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'10.409
11. Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 34'13.435
12. Alex Baldolini (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 34'17.358
13. Jed Metcher (Rivamoto Junior Team) Yamaha YZF R6 34'17.638
14. Massimo Roccoli (Bike Service - WTR TEN 10) Yamaha YZF R6 34'17.914
15. Luke Mossey (Smiths Gloucester) Triumph Daytona 675 34'18.204
16. Martin Jessopp (Riders PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 34'30.456
17. Kieran Clarke (Bogdanka Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 34'30.736
18. Ilario Dionisi (PRORACE) Honda CBR600RR 34'32.109
19. Romain Lanusse (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'33.732
20. Luca Marconi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 34'36.760
21. David Linortner (Gerin-Skm Racing Team) Yamaha YZF R6 34'36.835
22. Andrea Antonelli (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 34'43.849
23. Dino Lombardi (Team PATA by Martini) Yamaha YZF R6 34'47.455
24. Fabio Menghi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 34'53.108
25. Thomas Caiani (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 34'46.082
26. Eduard Blokhin (Rivamoto) Yamaha YZF R6 35'18.596
RT. Roberto Anastasia (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 23'03.351
RT. Raffaele De Rosa (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 18'55.741
RT. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 17'22.882
RT. Mathew Scholtz (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 16'29.080
RT. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Yamaha YZF R6 16'46.760
Share and comment on this article ...