Welshman Chaz Davies has taken his maiden superbike win in the second race at the historic Nurburgring circuit today.
Davies got off to a good start and was immediately at the front of the race behind early leader Tom Sykes and title hopeful Marco Melandri.
After Melandri crashed out of race one, Biaggi took the lead in the championship standings and was looking to consolidate his lead when he crashed on the opening lap.
With Biaggi dead last after remounting, Melandri was looking to retake the championship lead and looked set to do so when he took the lead from Sykes on lap eight.
But just one lap later Melandri again crashed out. Biaggi managed to work his way back through the pack to finish 13th. Biaggi now leads the championship by 9.5 points ahead of Melandri.
Melandri's crash promoted Davies to first and he comfortably pulled away from Sykes, who again struggled in the second half of the race.
Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty and Fixi Crescent Suzuki rider Leon Camier finished third and second in an all Brit top five with Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes fourth and fifth.
1. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO MTC Aprilia RSV-4 20 Laps
2. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing RSV-4 +3.022s
3. Leon Camier GBR Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 +3.222s
4. Jonathan Rea GBR Honda WSBK CBR1000RR +5.705s
5. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +7.304s
6. Carlos Checa ESP Althea Ducati 1098R +7.541s
7. Davide Giugliano ITA Althea Ducati 1098R +14.709s
8. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +19.782s
9. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR +19.925s
10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Ducati 1098R +20.028s
11. Lorenzo Zanetti ITA PATA Ducati 1098R +25.663s
12. John Hopkins USA Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 +29.142s
13. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV-4 +29.579s
14. Maxime Berger FRA Effenbert Liberty Ducati 1098R +36.090s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Honda WSBK CBR1000RR +40.912s
16. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA Liberty Effenbert Ducati 1098R +50.401s
17. Norino Brignola ITA Grillini Progea BMW S1000RR +3 laps