Aprilia finished off a weekend of dominance Down Under with Eugene Laverty taking the race two win at Phillip Island from teammate Sylvain Guintoli. Laverty led at the end of the first lap, as he did in race 1, but with four laps gone Guintoli took the lead.
He led until the closing stages, when Laverty, despite briefly falling back to third behind Marco Melandri, pulled out a new lap record to take the lead. Melandri finished third, after a last lap mistake from Michael Fabrizio eased the pressure.
Tom Sykes was fifth after briefly leading on the first lap, with race 1 DNF-er Giugliano sixth, Crescent Suzuki rider Cluzel seventh, and Jonathan Rea improving to eighth.
Leon Camier and Leon Haslam were ninth and tenth, after a first lap incident put them in last place.
Chas Davies was last in 17th, after he and Loris Bas crashed heavily on lap 1. Bas was unable to restart while Davies was forced to pit for a new tyre.
1. E Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia
2. S Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia +0.418
3. M Melandri (BMW Motorrad Goldbet) BMW +1.382
4. M Fabrizio (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia +2.282
5. T Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki +11.545
6. D Guigliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia +12.508
7. J Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki +17.330
8. J Rea (Pata Honda) Honda +17.339
9. L Camier (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki +19.886
10. L Haslam (Pata Honda) Honda +19.996
11. M Neukirchner (MR-Racing) Ducati +27.629
12. G Allerton (Next Gen Motorsports) BMW +42.809
13. J Stauffer (Team Honda Australia) Honda +42.893
14. F Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki +44.899
15. A Lundh (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki +57.824
16. V Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW +1'22.574
17. C Davies (BMW Motorrad Goldbet) BMW +2 laps
RET. I Clementi (HTM Racing) BMW +11 laps
RET. L Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki +0 laps