Kenan Sofuoglu has closed the gap to championship leader Sam Lowes to 34 points after easing to victory at Imola.
The race was red flagged due to oil on the track and Sofuoglu got a a great start second time out for the 14 lap race.
Lowes started the restart from second on the grid and struggled to get off the line, leaving the Brit languishing in ninth at the end of lap one.
Lowes calmly picked off the riders in front of him until he was upto third at the end of lap eight, with team-mate Vladimir Leonov in second.
Lowes set a new lap recordon lap 11 and managed to pass Leonov at the final chicane on the last lap to take second place.
1. Kenan Sofuoglu (MAHI Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'11.297
2. Sam Lowes (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 26'15.254
3. Vladimir Leonov (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 26'15.706
4. Lorenzo Zanetti (Pata Honda World Supersport) Honda CBR600RR 26'17.732
5. Michael Vd Mark (Pata Honda World Supersport) Honda CBR600RR 26'21.264
6. Luca Scassa (Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'24.734
7. Andrea Antonelli (Team Goeleven) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'25.409
8. Florian Marino (Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'39.491
9. Alex Baldolini (Suriano Racing Team) Suzuki GSX-R600 26'40.315
10. Sheridan Morais (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 26'40.434
11. Raffaele De Rosa (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 26'40.889
12. Fabien Foret (MAHI Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'41.060
13. Jack Kennedy (Rivamoto) Honda CBR600RR 26'41.254
14. Roberto Rolfo (ParkinGo MV Agusta Corse) MV Agusta F3 675 26'42.128
15. Fabio Menghi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 26'51.199
16. Balazs Nemeth (Complus SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 27'00.729
17. Imre Toth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 27'09.429
18. Massimo Roccoli (Team Pata by Martini) Yamaha YZF R6 27'10.825
19. Mitchell Carr (AARK Racing) Triumph 675 R 27'12.051
20. Alex Schacht (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 27'12.379
21. Nacho Calero Perez (Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 27'12.631
22. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Honda CBR600RR 27'33.569
23. Eduard Blokhin (Rivamoto) Honda CBR600RR 26'35.316
RT. Kev Coghlan (Kawasaki DMC-Lorenzini Team) Kawasaki ZX-6R 16'57.615
RT. Riccardo Russo (Puccetti Racing Kawasaki) Kawasaki ZX-6R 15'11.824
RT. David Linortner (Team Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 13'26.533
RT. Mathew Scholtz (Suriano Racing Team) Suzuki GSX-R600 9'35.149
RT. Fabrizio Lai (Speedy Bike) Honda CBR600RR 5'49.772
RT. Christopher Moretti (Bike Service) Yamaha YZF R6 2'03.428
NS. Marco Faccani (Evan Bros R. by S.M.A. Honda I) Honda CBR600RR
Share and comment on this article ...