Motocard Kawasaki rider Tom Sykes rode a faultless race to take the double win at Imola and come away with the champonship lead.
Sykes got a great start and led from the first corner, with Davide Giugliano in tow until the Aprilia rider crashed out on lap three.
Pata Honda rider Jonathan Rea capitalised on his good qualifying to finish second.
Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty was running in third place ahead of team-mate Sylvain Guintoli when he crashed out on lap five, promoting Guintoli upto third, where he would finish.
Italian rider Marco Melandri held off a late charge from team-mate Chaz Davies to finish fourth.
Pata Honda rider Leon Haslam battled hard with Ayrton Badovini and Jules Cluzel to finish ninth despite his injured leg.
1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 37'51.947
2. Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 37'56.979
3. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'02.148
4. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 38'05.067
5. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 38'05.577
6. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'15.896
7. Leon Camier (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 38'17.367
8. Michel Fabrizio (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'28.458
9. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 38'32.131
10. Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 38'33.047
11. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 38'39.835
12. Carlos Checa (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 38'44.129
13. Max Neukirchner (MR-Racing) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 38'48.299
14. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 39'07.939
15. Noriyuki Haga (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 39'17.157
RT. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 7'16.358
RT. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 3'36.790
RT. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 3'47.718