Tom Sykes has won the 2013 World Superbike championship at Jerez after finishing third in race one. Sykes becomes the fourth Brit to win the World Superbike crown.
The race was one by Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty from pole position. The Irishman rode a strong race to hold off BMW rider Marco Melandri to the line.
Melandri moved in to first position with a hard move on Laverty with only a few laps remaining, which pushed both riders wide.
But Laverty left it until the infamous final corner on the last lap to retake the lead, and he did it in style as he outbraked Melandri round the outside.
Sylvain Guintoli finished fourth and was unable to move ahead of Sykes to help Laverty.
1. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'00.919
2. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 36'01.137
3. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'07.600
4. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'10.246
5. Toni Elias (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'21.365
6. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'28.552
7. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 36'29.540
8. Leon Camier (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 36'30.467
9. Xavi Fores (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale 36'30.883
10. Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'37.900
11. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 36'37.927
12. Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 36'44.098
13. Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale 36'48.179
14. Max Neukirchner (MR-Racing) Ducati 1199 Panigale 36'53.073
15. Lorenzo Lanzi (Mesaroli Transports A.S.) Ducati 1098R 36'53.831
16. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'55.333
17. Michel Fabrizio (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 37'03.028
18. Broc Parkes (Monster Energy Yamaha - Yart) Yamaha YZF R1 37'03.487
19. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 37'26.486
RT. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 33'25.707