The 10 commandments to keeping your bike safe
Published: 29 June 2017 Updated: 10 June 2016
1 of 1
It's no secret that security devices impact on motorcycle premiums. Here are the 10 commandments of bike security you should never forget...
Tips on securing your motorcycle
- Always put the steering lock on and chain your bike to something solid
- Keep your keys with you at all times and keep them out of sight at home
- If you have a garage always use it and keep the door closed
- Make sure your garage is fitted with extra security locks
- Mark the main areas of the motorcycle with your registration number or post code
- Purchase a good immobiliser or alarm
- Fit a tracking device to ensure recovery if the bike is stolen
- Do not advertise your motorcycle to the world by leaving it on the drive. If you do not have a garage, cover it.
- When you park your bike in a public place, cover it and park it in a well lit area
- Make sure your insurance is up to date!
And for more Security & Theft advice visit our website here.