Can I ride in Europe on a restricted licence?

1 of 1

If you're currently on a 33bhp restricted licence you are still able to enjoy European adventures. 

Although you are subject to the traffic laws of any country you are riding through, speed limits and the like, you do not need to be 21 to ride overseas.

As a UK resident, you are not subject to the local licencing regulations and your current British motorcycle licence entitlement is valid throughout the EU and beyond.

Just remember to take all your documents with you including your bike's registration documents in the unlikely event that you are stopped by the local cops. 

  • Get a friend into biking and win £10000 for you, and £5000 for them with the MCN 1000

Read the latest stories causing a buzz this week in New rider…

Marc Abbott

By Marc Abbott