Looking at buying a new naked 125 ahead of 2019? Well, MCN has got you covered with this handy pick of the bunch.
With the introduction of the Kawasaki Z125 earlier this year, the sporty naked 125 market is currently saturated with both new and used examples from almost all of the mainstream manufacturers, as the market shifts away from the fully-faired, focused sports 125s, previous generations of budding bikers have come to love.
- Price: £4249 (£3199 until January 2019)
- PCP deal: £510 deposit, 36 x £39, 5.9%APR, £1673.44 optional final payment, 2500 miles NB: offer available until end of January 2019
Updated last year with a TFT dash and a revised frame and styling, the 125 Duke leads the way in terms of looks, sales success and specification. This naked 125 even has the option of integrating a smartphone with the TFT dash, allowing the rider to access incoming calls and listen to music via a Bluetooth headset. It also comes with ABS, a radial brake and inverted forks as standard.
- Price: £3989
- PCP deal: £759.87 deposit, 36 x £59, 6.9%APR, £1601.08 optional final payment, 4000 miles
Arriving in UK dealers in April 2018, the CB125R replaces the full-faired CBR125R and brings big bike-looks from the rest of Honda’s new CB ‘neo-sports café’ range, which has been updated again for 2019 with the introduction of the CB650R. With cool styling, an LCD dash, inverted Showa forks and a peppy liquid-cooled motor, the CB125R is great value for money – offering big bike feel in an L-plate friendly package.
- Price: £3899 (GP paint scheme)
- PCP deal: £1000 deposit, 36 x £45.41, 3%APR, £1545 optional final payment, 4000 miles
The GSX-S125 was released late last year and the signs were promising for success. The Suzuki may lack inverted forks or a cool radial brake, but it is well priced and has some neat features, such as its peppy motor developed for both this and the GSX-R125, light weight and extra bit of anti-theft protection on the ignition barrel.
- Price: £4599
- PCP deal: £1150 deposit, 36 x £73.61, 8.9%APR, £1519 optional final payment, 4000 miles
With a chassis based around the RS4 sports 125 (which was then replaced by the now four-stroke RS125), the Tuono 125 is a great handling bike that looks cool and features an impressive range of bling, such as a radial brake, USB charger under its seat and the option of smartphone connectivity. But it does come at a cost, £4599 to be precise.
- Price: £4299
- PCP deal: £1100 deposit, 36 x £57.70, 6.4%APR, £1674 optional final payment, 4000 miles
The MT-125’s 'Dark Side' styling won’t appeal to everyone, but the engine has a surprising amount of grunt for a 125, making it more accessible on faster roads. It’s also light and agile in traffic and while not being very high tech, it’s a solid 125 with unique looks.
- Price: £4099 (£4199 for black and pearl white colour scheme)
- PCP deal: £649.67 deposit, 36 x £69, 6.3%APR, £1679 optional final payment, 4000 miles
Weighing 2kg less than it’s fully-faired Ninja 125 sibling, the Kawasaki MY 2019 Z125 represents the first return to this class for Kawasaki in 25 years. Featuring an H2-like trellis frame, it’s a smart user-friendly machine, offering an aggressive riding position, perfect for the urban sprawl.
Pre-2018 winning 125s
And here are four other 125s we rate highly, view them on MCN Bikes for Sale now: