Triumph have apologised for the series of thefts that plagued the Triumph Live campsites last weekend.
A spokesman for Triumph said:
“Triumph Live was a huge success and we have been delighted by the positive response we have had from visitors, owners, dealers and our own staff. It is a great shame that this has been spoiled by one or two individuals targeting the event.
"We are sorry that this has obviously marred the experience for some of the campers.”
One such camper was MCN reader Tim MacLaren from Aberdeen. Though he was not one of the 15 theft victims, he was targeted by thieves.
He said: “I woke up about 6 am and security were going through the site speaking to anyone that was awake, several tents near mine had been opened and money taken.
"Sure enough the door on mine was partly open, the pots/pans had been moved but nothing taken, thankfully as I’d had it in my pockets.
“To be safe my friends and I wore our bike gear all day Saturday, as we thought our tents might be burgled while we weren’t there.
"The last thing we wanted was to get the stuff we needed to get home nicked. This put a big damper on the whole experience.”
Though Triumph insist they employed a “reputable security company with a track record in providing these services”, they have admitted that there were 200 more un-booked campers on the Friday night than predicted.