Honda build 300 millionth motorcycle
A Gold Wing 40th Anniversary Edition produced at the Kumamoto factory in Japan has become the 300 millionth Honda motorcycle built since production started in 1949 with the Dream Type-D.
Honda, founded in 1948 by Soichiro Honda, are the world’s largest engine manufacturer, and currently build motorcycles at 33 plants in 22 countries.
Honda’s big facts
• 300 million bikes built since 1949.
• In 2013 Honda sold 16.8 million motorcycles worldwide.
• Honda have been the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959.
• The Honda Super Cub is the most-produced motorcycle in history. Worldwide production reached 87 million units in March 2014.
• The Honda Gold Wing celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2015.
• Honda have won 21 constructors titles in the premier class, 63 constructors championships, and 697 races across all categories in the premier class.
• Over 30,000 motorcycles equipped with Honda’s unique Dual Clutch Transmission have been sold in Europe since its introduction in 2010.