Money for nothing – brilliant 0% motorbike deals
These brilliant 0% interest deals mean funding your new bike has never been cheaper
With interest base rates at an all-time low, the cost of borrowing cash has never been cheaper. When you combine these unprecedented times with bike manufacturers’ desire to shift old stock, you’ve got the recipe for some very tasty 0% deals.
With no interest to pay, you get the luxury of paying off the value of the bike on a monthly basis over two, three or four years, and you’ll own the bike at the end of the term, too.
- Isle of Man TT blockbuster to begin production next year
- Video: Team Classic Suzuki complete Katana endurance racer
- Get inspired for adventure at the London Show
- First ride of KTM’s new 1290 Super Duke R next week
- Day 2: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
Hire purchase explained
Most dealers offer Hire Purchase through one or two big companies. This is how it works...
- Get your budget worked out based on what you can afford to repay. You can borrow any amount from £1500
- Choose your new motorcycle (or a used one – higher value bikes up to 12 years old can usually qualify)
- Set a repayment term of one to five years, based on your monthly budget. This option’s great if...
- You want flexible deposit options – 0% deposit, and 0% finance may even be available, subject to status
- You want a simple repayment sum at fixed interest rates, so you’ll always know the amount of each payment for the duration of the contract
- You want to own your motorcycle outright at the end of the contract.
- However, be aware that...
- You must have fully comp insurance during the finance term
- Your motorcycle is at risk of repossession if you do not maintain your agreed repayments
- You have no protection against the bike’s depreciation in value
- You do not actually own the motorcycle until all of the payments have been made
Ducati Scrambler Icon: £135 per month
803cc | 186kg | 75bhp | 790mm
Cash price £7487 Deposit £2627 Mileage n/a
Term 36 months Rate 0% APR Final repayment £135
The winner of last year’s MCN Award for Best Retro, the Ducati Scrambler has also won the hearts and wallets of buyers across the UK. Ducati have sold tons of them, and with a 0% finance offer like this they stand to sell loads more, too.
Its 803cc V-twin generating 75bhp combines with beautiful Ducati styling to create a bike that really kicked off the city-slicker retro vibe. Not only is the Scrambler brilliant fun to ride but it’s also brilliant to customise, as there’s a whole catalogue crammed with authentic Ducati aftermarket trinkets, as well as a host of parts from specialist manufacturers.
This interest-free deal means that, after you’ve put down your deposit, you just have to find £135 a month for three years to own your very own Scrambler.
Kawasaki Versys 650: £166.22 per month
649cc | 214kg | 68bhp | 840mm
Cash price £6849 Deposit £1000 Mileage n/a
Term 36 months Rate 0% APR Final payment £166.22
This three-year Hire Purchase deal sees you pay off the balance on a brand new Versys 650 without accruing any interest, and you will own it at the end of the term. Kawasaki’s third-generation Versys has grown into a serious small-capacity sports tourer – great at munching big miles for little money.
Honda CBR125R: £102.78 per month
124cc | 136kg |13.1bhp | 793mm
Cash price £3799 Deposit £99 Mileage n/a
Term 36 months Rate 0% APR Final repayment £102.78
Honda’s built-in-Thailand learner-legal sportsbike mixes big-bike appeal with small bike ease of use. It’s well built, has a reliable single-cylinder engine and is backed up by ABS. It’s perfect for frugal commuters or complete novices. Plus it looks great in Honda’s MotoGP Repsol colours.
Kawasaki ZX-6R 636: £188.27 per month
636cc | 135bhp | 192kg | 815mm
Cash price £9136 Deposit £99 Mileage n/a
Term 48 months Rate 0% APR Final repayment £188.27
This big-bore supersport bike won’t be in the 2017 Kawasaki line-up, so there are fantastic offers on the out-going 636cc model. Boasting more midrange than a traditional 600cc bike, the 636 also benefits from Showa Big Piston forks, a slipper clutch, rider modes and traction control.
Yamaha YBR125 Custom: £69 per month
124cc | 118kg | 10bhp | 760mm
Cash price £2921 Deposit £437 Mileage n/a
Term 36 months Rate 0% Final repayment £69
The YBR125R Custom is now in demand with the new wave of fashion-conscious younger riders. It’s basically Yamaha’s super-commuter YBR125 with a few extra bits, like high bars, a low seat and chrome aplenty. Sweet looking, easy to ride and, on this deal, amazingly cheap, too.
Honda NC750X manual: £69 per month
745cc | 229kg | 54bhp | 830mm
Cash price £6499 Deposit £999 Mileage 4000 miles
Term 36 months Rate 0% Optional final payment £3015.86
The NC is as friendly as a motorcycle can possibly be. There is plenty of room on board and the low seat height makes touching the floor very easy. Its handling is stable and comfortable and it turns sweetly into corners. It’s unlikely to throw up any nasty surprises. Perfect for newer riders.
Honda CRF450X £205 per month
449cc | 45bhp | 122kg | 962mm
Cash price £6199 Deposit £1278.85 Mileage n/a
Term 24 months Rate 0% APR Final repayment £205
Honda’s pukka enduro machine will take your off-road riding to high-flying levels. Super-light and packed with power, the CRF features long-travel suspension and Honda’s Progressive Steering Damper for more stability. Will handle weekend greenlaning or hardcore enduros.
KTM RC125: £75 per month
124cc | 135kg | 15bhp | 820mm
Cash price £3599 Deposit £1799 Mileage n/a
Term 24 months Rate 0% APR Final repayment £75
KTM’s race replica 125 is good enough to meet the small supersport competition head-on. This is a proper-sized bike with a spacious, sporty riding position and plenty of room, even for a six-footer. WP suspension adds kudos, and the digital dash is like that of the full-sized RC8 superbike.