Video: Londoners stop daylight bike theft
Two would-be bike thieves were foiled by passers-by as they tried to steal a Ducati Panigale 1199S in broad daylight, and one member of the public caught the whole event on camera.
The incident took place in Soho Square, central London on Tuesday December 6.
- BSB: Tommy Hill confirms team won't continue in 2017
- Throwback Thursday: BMW K1300S first ride
- Bike of the day: Triumph Daytona 650
- Finance: £100-a-month heroes tested
- Have you been good or bad?
- Day 8: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
The two thieves appeared to be using a scooter with no registration plate as transport, with one of the pair hoping off the scooter and using an angle grinder on the bike's alarmed disc lock. The second thief stands guard armed with a hammer.
When members of the public try to intervene they're threatened with the angle grinder and hammer and back off.
Once the thief cuts through the disc lock he attempts to flee by pushing the Ducati away, but the public soon catch up with him and he drops the bike before fleeing the scene.
His accomplice barely manages to escape after being pushed into the side of the van.