Gallery: The last of the pure Fireblades
The outgoing Honda Fireblade is getting a bit long in the tooth now - it's been around since 2012 - but it's still one of the best road-going superbikes you can buy.
It might not have the headline-grabbing power figures or electronic rider aids of the latest superbikes from other manufacturers, but it more than makes up for it with bags of easy grunt, a smooth throttle, flawless power curve and balanced handling. The SP version pictured here also comes with Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes.
- Poll: Who’s your No1 champ this year?
- Operation Octane open for voting
- MotoGP: Government launch investigation into Circuit of Wales
- Cheap speed: Hyperbike finance deals
- BSB: Bird denies Giugliano rumours
That was all the reason we needed to spend a surprisingly mild Autumnal week with the Fireblade SP, as it comes to the Autumn of its lifespan, before the new all singing, all dancing Fireblade arrives next year.