Google-owned satnav app Waze has gained a new motorcycle mode, which has been tweaked for two- wheeled types in the UK.
The update has improved arrival times that vary from cars and has added routing on certain roads where cars are not permitted. Best of all – it’s free!
Top new Waze features
- Improved routes based on information from fellow motorcyclists
- Better arrival time estimations that may vary from automobile ETAs
- Routing on narrow roads where cars are not permitted
- New motorcycle cursor for vehicle type; new motorcycle moods available to all Wazers
- Talk to Waze feature. Say 'OK Waze' to activate voice commands, send reports and more, with your hands on the handlebars at all times
Finlay Clark, head of Waze UK says: “Drive times, routes and roads vary between automobiles and motorcycles so by including this new vehicle type, Waze is proud to be supporting a driving experience unique to motorcycle navigation.
“Due to their size and agility, motorcycles are an efficient and economical solution for many living in busy urban centres. Motorcycles, mopeds and scooter numbers have been increasing year on year in the UK as people turn to alternative means of transport.
“This new feature answers the call made by countless Waze fans, in the UK and the world over. By adding a distinction within vehicle types, data collection will increase in accuracy, and all drivers regardless of transport type will benefit.”
Santa for Waze!
Even more exciting, Waze has also added a 'Santa Claus voice' for its navigation during the festive season...
Have a browse for your next bike on MCN Bikes ForSale website or use the MCN's Bikes For Sale App.