Polaris to launch Indian electric motorcycle
Polaris Industries, the company behind Indian and the now defunct Victory, are planning to release an electric motorcycle under the Indian name within the next five years, a senior executive has said.
- Rough Crafts create easy to change kits for Yamaha XSR700
- Bikes catching our eye this week
- How will you hit your MCN #ride5000miles target?
- Moto3: McPhee unveils British Talent Team Honda
- In this week's issue: Yamaha MT-10 SP first ride
Steve Menneto, President of Motorcycles at Polaris, told Reuters he wants to attract new riders with 'fun' electric motorcycles. The company will also expand the current model range with smaller capacity models.
"The characteristics of the powertrain are going to be more applicable to be able to ride a bike in pleasure and twisties, and kind of how you would use pleasure bikes today," said Menneto.
He also declined to comment on the estimated price of the bike, but the Victory Empulse is priced at $19,999.