Honda’s junior tourer, the 680cc Deauville 700, will be available in Pearl Concours Black, Bloom Red Metallic and Spangle Silver Metallic in 2010.
The news will disappoint those hoping for a wild 1996 Doohan replica. There are no other changes to the bike.
Thinking of buying a Honda Deauville? Get motorcycle insurance quotes from lots of providers in one place with MCN Compare.
Click 'next' to read Honda’s full release about the 2010 Deauville.
Offering stacks of smooth, accessible power, a relaxed riding position and plenty of packing space, the Deauville is renowned for its all-round ability to ease every journey, from daily commuting to leisurely weekends away and longer adventures.
Its slim fuel-injected V-twin delivers ample power and impressive roll-on acceleration, even when carrying a passenger and luggage. It is paired with a clean, quiet and reliable shaft drive which adds to the low-maintenance package and the relaxing ride experience. The Deauville features a smooth Combined Brake System that’s specially tuned for balanced, confident braking. A version with Honda's advanced Combined-ABS system is also available for those who prefer extra reassurance over any road surface.
Styling is slim and curvaceous, with a profile that easily negotiates urban streets and nips past queues of traffic, or sits with comfort in more open rural surrounds. The bodywork offers wind protection on a par with larger-displacement Honda tourers, and integrates a pair of large-volume, easy-access panniers. The panniers are expandable with a Large Pannier Lid Set, available from Honda Access, to enhance the Deauville’s touring possibilities. Handling is light and firm, even during high-speed cruising. The riding position is upright and relaxed, and there’s plenty of comfortable space for a passenger. An adjustable windscreen provides protection from buffeting winds for rider and passenger, even taking height differences into account, while a generous fuel tank and impressive fuel economy enable long distances between fuel stops.
The Deauville offers an incomparable blend of control, comfort and convenience as well as a distinctive style that lends itself to any environment.
- Spangle Silver metallic
- Pearl Concours Black
- Bloom Red Metallic
- Strong, responsive and reliable liquid-cooled 680cc V-twin 4-valve engine delivers reassuring power and easy riding through a clean and quiet shaft final drive.
- PGM-FI fuel injection system contributes to impressive power, smooth response, low exhaust emissions and high fuel economy.
- Aerodynamically styled bodywork features large, integrated panniers with locking lids.
- Excellent wind protection is further enhanced by a 5-position height-adjustable windscreen.
- Powerful Combined Brake System enhances braking ease and control.
- Combined-ABS version offers the sensitive rider response and high braking performance of our advanced Antilock Brake System for supreme confidence and control.
- Smoothly compliant 41mm front fork and heavy-duty adjustable single-shock rear suspension contribute to a comfortable, controlled ride.
- Extensive range of optional accessories from Honda Access extends touring comfort and convenience.
- HECS3 oxygen-sensing catalytic converter system minimises harmful exhaust gas emissions to ensure full EURO-3 compliance.