Ducati and Diesel team up to create Diavel Diesel
Ducati have teamed up with fashion company Diesel to create a limited edition Diavel. The Ducati Diavel Diesel.
Designed by the Ducati Design Center and Creative Director of Diesel Licences Andrea Rosso, the Diavel Diesel was inspired by a 'hyperkinetic dynamism of a post-apocalyptic, retro-futuristic world.' That sounds lovely and everything, but in a post-apocalyptic retro-futuristic world I still won't be able to weld and I'll probably want something a little more practical than a Diavel.
The bike will be limited to 666 numbered models when it goes on sale in April.
- Beat the winter blues with the Christini AWD II-Track
- Dambusters' European charity raid
- Bike-wreck! Underwater motorcycles found off Australian coast
- Street Cup first ride: "Triumph has done a great job"
- Video: Watch James May build a Honda Z50 Mini Trail
The Diavel Diesel certainly stands out from the standard Diavel, thanks to hand-brushed stainless steel panels, and visible welding and rivets.
The famous Ducati red highlights certain parts of the bike, including the Brembo front brake calipers, dash and intake covers. Finishing off the red highlights are five red chain links. We've no idea why they went for five when six would have been more in keeping with the 666 theme.
Zircotec ceramic coating on the exhaust down pipes ensures the entire exhaust system is black to match the matte black front mudguard.
"The collaboration with Diesel enabled us to explore original stylistic and technical aspects whilst staying within the Ducati brand and fully respecting its values," said Ducati Motor Holding CEO Claudio Domenicali.
"In this case we worked with Diesel on an already uniquely original bike like the Diavel and the result was surprising to put it mildly. The details characterizing the Diavel Diesel cannot fail to captivate connoisseurs of special bikes but also people from different walks of life, such as fashion. It’s always stimulating for us to move outside the world of motorcycling and widen our brand’s areas of interest."
- Tank cover in hand-brushed stainless steel with visible welding and rivets
- Front cowl and passenger saddle cover with visible welding and rivets
- Black lateral anodized air intakes with visible welding
- Lateral air intake covers in red methacrylate with the Diesel logo on the inside
- Red LCD dashboard
- Exhaust pipes with black Zircotec ceramic coating
- Black silencers with ends machined from solid
- Exclusive design leather saddle with DDD pyramid
- Numbered plate on frame
- Matte black front mudguard with DDD pyramid
- Rear-view mirrors with stem and cup machined from solid
- Red Brembo front brake calipers
- Chain with five red links
- Bike cover and rear stand supplied standard
And if you're wondering why it says 'never look back' on the frame? That's because the Diavel Diesel 'captures the essence of this collaboration', according to Andrea Rosso.