Honda update the CRF450
The bike will get an electric starter as standard for the first time, which will undoubtedly help get the bike going again if it is dropped and cuts out, especially in a race situation.
The starter will be powered by a lightweight lithium ion battery, with further weight saving coming from the option to lose the kickstart lever.
- MCN Festival ticket offer extended!
- NW200: Thursday Practice & Race Schedule
- Video: Lucky rider escapes 105mph collision at Nurburgring
- MotoGP: Mixed feelings in Yamaha camp after Jerez test
- First ride: 2017 KTM RC125 - “There’s no denying the fun factor”
The Showa front and rear suspension have also been tweaked on the updated machine this year.
The race-ready enduro model, the CRF450RX, will also benefit from a lithium ion battery too, saving 600 grams of weight from the top of the bike.
The updates come to the bike after a ground-up redesign was introduced to the model last year which saw the model getting new chassis geometry, 49mm Showa steel-spring forks coupled with more power and torque from the 450cc single
The updated model will be available this summer. Contact your nearest Honda dealership for more information.