Product review: TCX Street Ace WP
Tim Thompson, MCNs Head of Content has been using the TCX Street Ace WP boots for a couple of months now, here’s how he’s found them…
What’s good? Boots like this are always going to feel like a compromise. They’re trying to be normal shoes, except they’re not – they’re stiff, heavy and, with a waterproof membrane, run a bit hot. They’re also trying to be real bike boots, except, with relatively little armour and ankle and lower leg coverage, they’re not that either.
But I rate these. The blend between ‘normal’ and ‘bike’ boot is about right. Comfort is superb, yet there’s a reassuring torsional stiffness to them as well as protected forefoot and ankle areas. They’re fine for walking, too. On a 20-minute ride through a summer monsoon, they stayed dry inside.
- Video: An engineer built a motorcycle from a car...in the desert
- Gallery: A Fireblade from each decade
- 2017 touring pack for Suzuki's V-Strom 1000
- Top 5 waterproof gloves that won't make you sweat
- Motorcycle Live tickets on sale soon
What’s not? It’s great to see real leather on a bike boot, but the stressed look gets on my nerves a bit.