Dainese Speciale Mr Martini jacket review
Part of Dainese’s collaboration with Italian customiser, Mr Martini, this jacket takes the Molvena-based brand’s cool rating to the next level. It’s truly sumptuous in terms of quality and feel, as the full-grain cowhide has been treated with a wax finish to give it a distinctive retro look.
MCN MODEL GUIDES
- Triumph Bonneville: a brief model history
- Our ultimate introduction to the BMW GS
- MCN's guide to Triumph Scramblers
- Exploring the history of the Ducati Monster
- The lifespan of the Ducati Scrambler range
In terms of protection, there’s CE soft armour at the shoulders and elbows as well as a pocket for a back protector. There’s also a removable thermal lining. You buy a jacket like this if you want to look super cool and, judging by the amount of positive comments it gets when I’m wearing it, it succeeds.
The only downside is people thinking that you’ve had the Mr Martini logo on the arm added as a personalisation and believe that’s what you’ve started calling yourself (that could be just the people I ride with).
- Tested for 2000 miles over three months
- Price - £349
- Quality - 4 stars
- Value - 2 stars