KTM Red Bull Factory Racing’s Marc Coma has extended his lead in the FIM Cross-Country Rally championship by taking the win in Qatar’s Sealine Rally. The six-time world champion held off Joan Barreda and Paolo Goncalves to win with nearly five minutes in hand.
With 1926.76km of hard riding and tough navigation across the desert, there was a high rate of attrition in the race, but Coma was able to ride a faultless race to hold off the Honda duo.
“We tried to be consistent and not make the slightest mistake because this rally is so intense it is impossible to recover if you make a mistake. It was a very hard fought win and the team did a great job. We started the year very well, and we are still on the right way. Now it is time to enjoy this beautiful moment and then begin to work ahead of the next race in Sardinia.”
Brit Sam Sunderland was sixth on the treacherous circuit, but maintains his second place in the title race behind his KTM teammate.
Final results Sealine Cross-Country Rally 2015
- Marc Coma KTM Red Bull Rally Factory 19:56'48
- Joan Barreda Team HRC + 4'40
- Paulo Goncalves Team HRC + 6'33
- Jordi Viladoms KTM Red Bull Rally Factory + 17'59
- Pablo Quintanilla KTM Warsaw Rally Team + 18'00
- Sam Sunderland KTM Red Bull Rally Factory + 21'10
- Mathias Walkner KTM Red Bull Rally Factory + 1:40'18
- Armand Monleon KTM Warsaw Rally Team + 2:42'33
- Jakub Piatek KTM Orlen Rally Team + 3:55'00
- 10. Mohammed Albalooshi KTM UAC + 4:00'21
FIM Cross-Country Rally championship after two rounds
- Marc Coma 56
- Sam Sunderland 36
- Pablo Quintanilla 33
- Joan Barreda 30
- Paulo Goncalves 23