Six-time Cross-Country Rallies World Champion Marc Coma has got his 2015 season off to a flying start, taking the win in the sands of Abu Dhabi by nearly twelve minutes form Red Bull KTM teammate Sam Sunderland.
However, Sunderland was denied a chance on the final day from closing down his teammate’s lead, after stage five of the race was neutralised after sandstorms hit the Emirate and prevented medical helicopters from flying.
Coma, who took his eighth win at the race, said after today’s announcement: "Today they have to suspend the stage because of the weather. This meant that we returned to Abu Dhabi on the road. The truth is that the conditions were bad. I am happy and proud to have achieved this eighth victory in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge.
“It was very important to continue in this way, especially after the win in the Dakar. We have picked up a lot of points for the World Championship and now it's time to rest and think about the next round in Qatar."
- Marc Coma Red Bull KTM Rally Factory
- Sam Sunderland Red Bull KTM Rally Factory +11:55
- Pablo Quintanilla KTM Warsaw Rally Team +20:16
- Ruben Faria Red Bull KTM Rally Factory +28.01
- Ricky Brabec Team HRC Honda +34.17
- Mohammad Al Balooshi KTM UAE +44.48
- Juan Carlos Salvatierra KTM Warsaw Rally Team +1:03:06
- Matthew Hart CPW Moto KTM +1:13:15
- Jose Cornejo Suzuki +1:13:31
- David McBride Vendetta Racing KTM +1:17:35