Gallery: Dakar 2017 so far
We’ve had two stages of racing already at this year’s Dakar Rally, with 2016 winner Toby Price currently leading the way on the factory KTM.
Price didn’t get off to the best of starts though, finishing the first day in 17th place, 44 seconds behind first place finisher Xavier de Soultrait. De Soultrait’s time at the top of the leaderboard was short lived however, as the Frenchman received a one minute penalty for speeding during a liaison stage.
- Royal Enfield unveils Classic 350 Redditch in India
- Poll: Who’s your money on for the 2017 MotoGP title?
- In this week’s issue: 101 new bikes
- MotoGP: Lorenzo and Rossi hoping to bury the hatchet
- Bike of the day: Aprilia Tuono 1000
Brit Sam Sunderland is currently lying in third place of the overall standings, less than four minutes behind team-mate Price. Stage three will see the riders travel from San Miguel De Tucuman to San Salvador via a 364km special stage.