2008 KTM Super Duke R Battle commences
Last season the KTM Super Duke Championship wowed BSB fans with brilliant bar to bar racing and after it’s successful debut season the series is back again in 2008.
This year the series has been modified to make it even easier and more cost effective to enter, giving you the opportunity to race at some of the best tracks in the UK in front of thousands of BSB fans.
For just £8,500 you’ll get a race prepared KTM 990 Super Duke R and entry into the 11 round series including the British Motorcycle Grand Prix.
There’s some impressive prizes on offer two with the winner of the series getting an amazing opportunity to race KTM’s flagship 1190cc RC8 in the 2009 British Superstock championship, complete with support package.
Full details below…
2008 990 Super Duke R models will be used. This is the race-oriented version of the standard Super Duke with uprated suspension and 128 hp (approximately the same as the best tuned bikes from last year).
Bikes will be available from February and can only be purchased from an authorised UK KTM Street dealer.
The following items will be provided with the bike:
• Akrapovic race silencers
• Replicast belly pan
• Replicast front cowl
• GB Racing clutch and generator covers
• GB Racing lower chain guard
• LR Designs basic number decals kit
• KTM spare wheel kit (front and rear including discs)
• KTM gearing kit (front and rear sprockets).
The price of the bike including the above “Ready to Race” kit is £8,500 including VAT. As a special thank you to those riders who competed in the 2007 Battle and have retained spare wheel and gearing kits, the price is £7,500 including VAT (without the spare wheel kit and gearing kit above).
Pirelli will be the control tyre manufacturer. Tyres will be the Dragon Supercorsa Pro SC2 and a maximum of 2 sets per round can be purchased for the preferential price of £180 (3 sets per double header round). Wet tyres will be the Diablo Rain at a preferential price of £192 per set. The full Pirelli race service will be available at all rounds. Accounts can be set up with them in the normal way and tyres can be pre-ordered or purchased from stock at the races.
This series is all about genuine racing talent and cost effective racing therefore, limited modifications to the bikes will be permitted. Full Technical Regulations will be available soon.
The 2008 Battle is a full BSB support race with 11 rounds including 4 double headers and one round at the British MotoGP at Donington. The provisional race calendar is as follows:
Thruxton, 18-20 April
• Donington Park, 24-26 May (double header)
• Donington Park, 18-22 June (MotoGP)
• Mallory Park, 27-29 June (double header)
• Knockhill, 8-10 August (double header)
• Cadwell Park, 23-25 August (double header)
• Brand Hatch Indy, 10-12 October.
A spare parts service will be provided at each round. In order to use this system riders will need to set up an account with the service provider before the series starts.
The following prizes will be awarded to the top 3 riders overall in the championship:
1. Loan of KTM 1190 RC8 for 2009 Superstock season with support package.
2. 2009 KTM Motocross or Enduro model of your choice.
3. 2009 KTM Mini Bike.
The following prizes will be awarded to the top 3 riders of each race:
1. Set of Dragon Supercorsa Pro SC2 tyres.
2. Dragon Supercorsa Pro SC2 rear tyre.
3. Dragon Supercorsa Pro SC2 front tyre.
Riders must hold a Clubman license (not restricted) or above to compete in the series.
Places on the grid are limited and riders can officially sign up now. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis. In order to sign up riders must do 2 things as soon as possible:
• Register with the MCRCB and pay the first of a 3-part entry payment.
- First payment due on registration with MCRCB - £750.00
- Second payment due on 12 May 2008 - £656.25
- Final payment due on 28 July 2008 - £656.25
• Confirm the ride with a KTM dealer and that KTM dealer must place an order for the bike and parts kit with KTM UK.
For more information please contact Richard Ellis or Iain Hutton using the following contact details:
Work telephone – 01280 709501
Mobile – 07801 861021 - 07917 358599