Glen Richards has put himself in provisional pole position for tomorrow’s 28-lap British Supersport race at Mallory Park.
The MAP Embassy Triumph rider set a 57.572 in this morning’s session, good enough to put him fifteenth fastest in the British Superbike session.
The Aussie is gunning for only his second pole and second win of the season, despite being 30 points clear in the championship ahead of Steve Brogan.
Second fastest in the morning session is Gearlink Kawasaki’s Chris Martin who’s continuing to impress on the factory backed Kawasaki ZX-6R.
And man with the wholeshot in the dry yesterday, James Westmoreland, set a time good enough to go third quickest today.
The second British Supersport Qualifying session kicks off at 15.40 this afternoon.
British Supersport First Qualifying Results
1. Glen Richards MAP Embassy Triumph 57.572
2. Chris Martin Gearlink Kawasaki 57.621
3. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 57.749
4. Hudson Kennaugh Raceways Yamaha 57.798
5. Steve Palter AIM Yamaha 58.032
6. John McGuinness Padgetts Honda 58.123
7. Ian Hutchinson AIM Yamaha 58.212
8. Steve Brogan HM Plant Honda 58.271
9. Sam Owens Premier Motorsport Honda 58.281
10. Ian Lowry Relentless Suzuki 58.300