MAP Embassy Triumph’s Glen Richards has secured pole position number two of the season at Mallory Park today.
The Australian reigning British Superstock 1000 Champion will start tomorrow’s 28-lap race from the front; his second pole on the trot adding to a first place start at Snetterton a fortnight ago.
The Triumph man set a time of 57.572 in this morning’s first qualifying session for the 600 machines.
But this afternoon he went a full four tenths faster with a 57.171.
The real mover of this afternoon’s second qualifying was AIM Yamaha’s Ian Hutchinson.
He leapt up from sixth fastest this morning to set a provisional pole of 57.473 with 12 minutes of the session to go this afternoon, but was eventually pushed down to second by Richards.
Relentless Suzuki rider Ian Lowry also made some good forward movement going from 10th this morning to third this afternoon, following in the footsteps of his litre-class team-mate Michael Laverty in the BSB qualifying the session prior.
Gearlink Kawasaki’s Chris Martin completed he front row with his morning qualifying time of 57.621 standing after a mechanical failure in the second qualifying session.
Tomorrow’s race is scheduled to take place at 15.30.
Mallory Park British Supersport Qualifying Two Results
1. Glen Richards MAP Embassy Triumph 57.171
2. Ian Hutchinson AIM Yamaha 57.473
3. Ian Lowry Relentless Suzuki 57.550
4. Chris Martin Gearlink Kawasaki 57.621
5. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 57.691
6. Steve Plater AIM Yamaha 57.777
7. Hudson Kennaugh Raceways Yamaha 57.899
8. Steven Neate Gearlink Kawasaki 57.798
9. Paul Young MAP Embassy Triumph 57.799
10. Steve Brogan HM Plant Honda 57.837
11. Joe Dickinson Trucklinks Yamaha 57.893
12. Marty Nutt Nutt Travel Yamaha 57.906
13. Daniel Cooper Centurion Racing Honda 58.056
14. John McGuinness Padgetts Honda 58.073
15. James Webb Padgetts Honda 58.081
16. Sam Owens Premier Motorsport Honda 58.136