Brands Hatch British Superbikes: Glen Richards picks up where he left off
Glen Richards topped the timing sheets for the second British Supersport session in succession this afternoon, with a lap time of 47.216.
Richards headed the field from Josh Brookes who is replacing the injured Steve Brogan for HM Plant Honda this weekend - he finished just over a tenth of a second slower with a time of 47.326.
Steve Lowry took third ahead of Relentless Suzuki's Ian Lowry and Raceway's Hudson Kennaugh.
Paul Young dropped from second in free practice one, to sixth, just infront of fellow Triumph rider Rob Frost and Centurion Honda's James Westmoreland.
Rob Frost crashed on the exit of Clarke Curve with 15 minutes to go, which kept him out of the remainder of the session.
But practice was cut short four minutes from the finish.
Following an engine blow up on the back straight, oil was left on the track and race direction decided to red flag the session.
1. Glen Richards MAP Embassy Racing Triumph 47.216
2. Josh Brookes HM Plant Honda 47.326
3. Steve Plater AIM Yamaha 47.497
4. Ian Lowry Relentless Suzuki 47.485
5. Hudson Kennaugh Raceways Yamaha 47.590
6. Paul Young MAP Embassy Triumph 47.608
7. Rob Frost Team Buff Triumph 47.644
8. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 47.656
9. Craig Fitzpatrick BLDS Couriers Yamaha 47.678
10. Marty Nutt Nutt Travel Yamaha 47.812
11. Daniel Cooper Centurion Racing Honda 47.822
12. Joe Dickinson Trucklinks Yamaha 47.843
13. Tommy Bridewell Centurion Racing Honda 47.944
14. John McGuiness Padgetts Honda 48.047
15. James Webb Padgetts Honda 48.059
16. Paul Veazey Storm Motorsport Yamaha 48.072