A damp to drying track at Brands Hatch saw an unusual third free practice session for the finale of British Superbikes.
It was more success for the Rob Mac Racing Yamaha team and Karl Harris though, as a time of 46.694 on a damp track saw the 28-year old top the timesheets for the second session in succession.
With 2008 champion Shane Byrne opting out of the session due to the conditions, Rizla Suzuki's Tom Sykes grabbed second ahead of James Ellison, Leon Haslam and Cal Crutchlow who were placed in third, fourth and fifth respectively.
Byrne's team-mate, Leon Camier did decide to take to the track for the session, and managed a 47.454, which was enough to put him into seventh position.
Camier was beaten by fellow Ducati rider Michael Rutter into sixth place, with Rutter posting a time of 47.405.
A successful session all round for Rizla Suzki saw Atsushi Watanabe regain a spot in the top 10, bringing his GSX-R 1000 round in 47.776, 0.005 ahead of Tena for men Honda's Tristan Palmer.
This afternoon’s Swan Combi 50 Roll for Pole session provisionally begins at 14:00.
1. Karl Harris Rob Mac Racing Yamaha 46.694
2. Tom Sykes Rizla Suzuki 46.949
3. James Ellison Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 46.695
4. Leon Haslam HM Plant Honda 47.078
5. Cal Crutchlow HM Plant Honda 47.121
6. Michael Rutter North West 200 Ducati 47.405
7. Leon Camier Airwaves Ducati 47.454
8. Simon Andrews Lloyds British Jentin Yamaha 47.508
9. John Laverty Buildbase North West 200 Ducati 47.725
10. Atsushi Watanabe Rizla Suzuki 47.776
11. Tristan Palmer Tena for Men Honda 47.811
12. David Johnson Team Maxxis Honda 47.851
13. Billy McConnell MSS Discovery Kawasaki 47.983
14. Guy Martin Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 48.005
15. Gary Mason Quay Garage Honda 48.140
16. Scott Smart Hawk Kawasaki 48.232