The poor weather conditions did nothing to dampen the ferocity of the first race in BSB at Oulton Park.
Stuart Easton and Karl Harris charged into an early lead on their Hydrex Hondas but a red flag on lap 3 caused a restart and a return to qualifying positions. Laverty had crashed out and briefly lost consciousness.
The race was restarted, and Easton and Harris again powered into the lead leaving Camier and Guintoli behind them. The lead didn't last for long, on lap six Camier swooped into the lead after an amazing overtake on The Avenue.
Camier set the pace for the rest of the race and romped home to a comfortable victory leaving Camier, Harris and Guintoli to battle over the remaining podium positions.
1. Leon Camier GBR Airwaves Yamaha
2. Karl Harris GBR Hydrex Honda
3. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Worx Crescent Suzuki
4. Stuart Easton GBR Hydrex Honda
5. James Ellison GBR Airwaves Yamaha
6. Glen Richards AUS HM Plant Honda
7. Ian Lowry GBR Relentless TAS Suzuki
8. Jason O'Halloran AUS SMT Honda
9. Gary Mason GBR Quay Honda
10. Joshua Brookes AUS HM Plant Honda
11. Chris Walker GBR Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha
12. Julien Da Costa FRA MSS Colchester Kawasaki
13. Jon Kirkham GBR Jentin Yamaha
14. Atsushi Watanabe JPN Relentless TAS Suzuki
15. Tristan Palmer GBR Buildbase Kawasaki
16. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Racing Honda
17. Michael Rutter GBR North West 200 Yamaha
18. Peter Hickman GBR Ultimate Yamaha
19. Tom Tunstall GBR Hardinge Doodson Honda
20. Kenny Gilbertson GBR JX Fuelcard Kawasaki
21. Dan Stewart GBR Wilcock Consulting Honda
22. Brian McCormack IRL MAR Kawasaki