Knockhill BSB: Rutter victorious in race 1
Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati rider Michael Rutter claimed victory in the first race at today’s Knockhill British Superbike clash.
The race was delayed by two red flags – the first due to the heavy rain, the second when Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) crashed at SEAT curve and took Chris Walker (CW Racing Suzuki) with him.
Rutter said: “That was terrifying! I really wanted that win and I took it easy to start with and just followed Kiyo and Josh to see how things would go. I thought I had a good chance and it was a lottery out there but it definitely paid off.”
HM Plant Honda team mates Ryuichi Kiyonari and Josh Brookes finished in second and third respectively.
Michael Laverty and Alistair Seeley claimd fourth and fifth, both riding for the Relentless Suzuki by TAS team.
1. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati)
2. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.577s
3. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +6.187s
4. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +9.363s
5. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +13.295s
6. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +18.708s
7. Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +21.149s
8. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +23.233s
9. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +23.233s
10. Chris Walker (CW Racing Suzuki) +28.717s