BSB Snetterton 300: Hopkins wins race one
John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) took his first win at Snetterton after a final lap battle with Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha).
Hopkins managed a strong start leading into Riches, before running wide on the exit of Montreal, but the American maintained position. HM Plant Honda rider Shane Byrne moved up the pack, going from fifth to third place within the first lap. Hopkins led Hill and Byrne until lap five when the safety car was sent out with Hudson Kennaugh and then Tom Tunstall crashing at Montreal.
Racing resumed on lap eight with Hopkins running wide at Oggies, gifting Hill the opportunity to take the lead.
Hopkins came under pressure from Byrne who passed under braking to take second at Brundle, before Hopkins reclaimed second at Riches.
Hill maintained his lead into the last lap until Hopkins passed on the inside at Riches to steal first position. Hill fought back, pushing past at Montreal and subsequently running wide allowing Hopkins to take the lead, which he maintained to take victory.
Shane Byrne rode consistently to take third place, finishing ahead of Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) and Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) in fourth and fifth. Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki rider Jon Kirkham finished in sixth place, with almost a five second lead over Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki) in seventh. Pr1mo Racing Kawasaki rider Chris Walker took eighth, whilst Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) and Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) completed the top ten.
1. John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki)
2. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) +0.274s
3. Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +2.966s
4. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +3.638s
5. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +4.199s
6. Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) +5.505s
7. Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki) +10.427s
8. Chris Walker (Pr1mo Racing Kawasaki) +11.572s
9. Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +11.792s
10. Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) +13.909s