Swan Yamaha rider Tommy Hill took his second pole position this season in the rain soaked qualifying at Knockhill. Hill battled the inclement conditions to start race one tomorrow ahead of John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki), MSS Colchester Kawasaki rider Gary Mason, who qualified second and third respectively, and Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) who completes the front row.
Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) was able to improve his times in the third session to qualify fifth, ahead of Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS), who will start from sixth despite a fall at Butchers. Glen Richards (WFR Honda) and James Westmoreland (Motorpoint Yamaha) complete the second row.
HM Plant Honda rider Shane Byrne crashed at the Hairpin but walked away to qualify in ninth, whilst Frenchman Loris Baz also suffered a fall at the Hairpin, losing the front end in the second qualifying session, but was able to return to the track in the third session to start tomorrow's race in tenth.
1 Tommy Hill Swan Yamaha 52.867
2. John Hopkins Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki 53.045 0.178
3. Gary Mason MSS Colchester Kawasaki 53.592 0.725
4. Michael Rutter Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati53.766 0.899
5. Jon Kirkham Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki 53.836 0.969
6. Josh Brookes Relentless Suzuki by TAS 53.863 0.996
7. Glen Richards WFR Honda 54.466 1.599
8. James Westmoreland Motorpoint Yamaha 54.596 1.729
9. Shane Byrne HM Plant Honda 54.799 1.932
10 Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 55.145 2.278