Oulton Park BSB: Hopkins takes first BSB victory in race two
Samsung Crescent Suzuki rider John Hopkins has taken his first win in the second race at Oulton Park today to become the first ever American to win a BSB race.
Stuart Easton got the holeshot from the start, with Josh Brookes in second and Alex Lowes in third. Easton and Brookes then pulled away from the rest of the field before Brookes crashed on lap nine, sending out the pace car.
By then Hopkins was upto second, and the pace car enabled the field to bunch up behind Easton.
Michael Laverty then moved up in to the lead and Hopkins in to second, before Hopkins moved up again into first.
Hopkins made his move on the penultimate lap, but Laverty was looking to retake the lead, before he ran off the track for the second time, relegating himself to fifth and handing Shane Byrne third.
Ryuichi Kiyonari again got a poor start and this time left his charge through the field too late, finishing fourth.
1. John Hopkins USA Samsung Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 30mins 13.082s
2. Stuart Easton GBR MSS Colchester Kawasaki ZX-10R +0.221s
3. Shane Byrne GBR HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR +0.521s
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR +0.633s
5. Michael Laverty GBR Swan Yamaha YZF-R1 +1.026s
6. Michael Rutter GBR Rapid-Bathams Ducati 1198 +2.930s
7. Jon Kirkham GBR Samsung Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 +2.949s
8. Peter Hickman GBR Tyco Honda CBR1000RR +7.183s
9. Loris Baz FRA Motorpoint Yamaha YZF-R1 +7.326s
10. Gary Mason GBR MSS Colchester Kawasaki ZX-10R +7.925s
11. Chris Walker GBR Pr1mo Kawasaki ZX-10R +9.091s
12. Martin Jessopp GBR Rapid-Bathams Ducati 1198 +9.711s
13. James Westmoreland GBR Motorpoint Yamaha YZF-R1 +9.852s
14. Alex Lowes GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR +12.231s (E)
15. Dan Linfoot GBR Sorrymate.com SMT Honda CBR1000RR +14.228s
16. Steve Brogan GBR Jentin Honda CBR1000RR +16.314s
17. Scott Smart GBR Moto Rapido Ducati 1098R +17.668s (E)
18. Ian Lowry GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR +18.414s
19. Simon Andrews GBR PR Kawasaki ZX-10R +21.222s (E)
20. Patric Muff SUI Tyco Honda CBR1000RR +24.457s (E)
21. James Hillier GBR Bournemouth Kawasaki ZX-10R +27.952s (E)
22. Tom Tunstall GBR Doodson BMW S1000RR +33.509s (E)
23. Barry Burrell GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR +45.517s (E)
24. Aaron Zanotti GBR Quattro Plant Spike BMW S1000RR +1min 09.002s (E)