Thruxton BSB: Alex Lowes takes pole
Alex Lowes (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) secured pole position in qualifying at Thruxton this afternoon, finishing the final session ahead of John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) and Swan Yamaha rider Tommy Hill. Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) completes the front row, starting tomorrow's race from fourth.
HM Plant Honda rider Ryuichi Kiyonari topped the first session but was relegated to start from sixth by Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda). Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) and Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) complete the second row, respectively starting from seventh and eighth on the grid.
Championship leader Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) crashed at the Club Chicane one lap into the opening qualifying session. Despite escaping relatively unscathed, Byrne was unable to rejoin the session and will start the first race from the back row of the grid.
Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing) and Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) narrowly missed the final qualifying session. Kirkham will start from thirteenth, whilst Brookes, who experienced mechanical problems, will start race one from fourteenth position.
1. Alex Lowes (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) 1m 14.891s
2. John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.016s
3. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) +0.022s
4. Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +0.126s
5. Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) +0.154s
6. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.199s
7. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.235s
8. Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.277s
9. James Westmoreland (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.441s
10. Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com Honda) +1.206s