Thruxton BSB: Brookes battles to race two win
Tyco Suzuki rider Josh Brookes battled from 13th place at the end of the first lap to record his first victory of 2012 during the second BSB race at Thruxton.
Brookes worked his way through the pack, passing Tommy Hill at the final chicane coming onto the final lap to take the lead. It was Hill and race one winner Ian Lowry that got the best start, joined by Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki riders Shane Byrne and Stuart Easton.
Byrne took to the lead early on, but was unable to hold off Hill in the latter stages of the race. Byrne finished third, with Easton fourth.
Ian Lowry finished fifth, with team-mate Luca Scassa in sixth.
The result means Lowry leads the championsip by two points ahead of Brookes.
1. Josh Brookes AUS Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 25m 36.122s
2. Tommy Hill GBR Swan Yamaha YZF-R1 +0.664s
3. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid PBM Kawasaki ZX-10R +1.443s
4. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid PBM Kawasaki ZX-10R +1.526s
5. Ian Lowry GBR Padgetts Honda CBR1000RR +2.719s
6. Luca Scassa ITA Padgetts Honda CBR1000RR +15.445s
7. Jon Kirkham GBR Samsung Honda CBR1000RR +15.722s
8. Alex Lowes GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR +16.969s
9. James Westmoreland GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR +17.188s
10. Noriyuki Haga JPN Swan Yamaha YZF-R1 +19.011s
11. Dan Linfoot GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR +20.178s
12. Peter Hickman GBR MSS Bathams Kawasaki ZX-10R +21.042s
13. Michael Laverty GBR Samsung Honda CBR1000RR +21.898s
14. Graeme Gowland GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR +23.348s
15. Chris Walker GBR Pr1mo BKR Kawasaki ZX-10R +23.561s
16. Tommy Bridewell GBR Supersonic BMW S1000RR +25.978s
17. Barry Burrell GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR +26.144s
18. Patric Muff SUI Supersonic BMW S1000RR +28.213s
19. Tristan Palmer GBR GBmoto Honda CBR1000RR +42.800s
20. James Hillier GBR Pr1mo BKR Kawasaki ZX-10R +42.884s
21. Alastair Seeley GBR Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 +43.152s
22. Scott Smart GBR Moto Rapido Ducati 1199 +44.933s
23. Aaron Zanotti GBR A Plant Suzuki GSX-R1000 +56.506s
24. Florian Marino FRA Splitlath Redmond Aprilia RSV4 +1m 00.140s
25. Tom Tunstall GBR Jentin Doodson Ducati 1199 +1m 00.969s
26. John Laverty GBR Splitlath Redmond Aprilia RSV4 +1m 06.231s
27. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Hardinge Honda CBR1000RR +1m 09.152s