Silverstone 200: Ellison demolishes opposition to take first leg win
James Ellison demolished the opposition in the first race of the two-part Silverstone 200 series today, taking the win by almost fourteen seconds.Ellison led the race from start to finish, and never looked under pressure form his rivals.
Lloyds GBMoto Honda racer and BSB regular Peter Hickman was second, finishing another twelve seconds clear of the battle for third, between his teamate Dan Linfoot and the second of the Milwaukee Yamahas, piloted by Josh Waters. The pair scrapped all race long, before Linfoot eventually got the better of the Aussie to take the win.
Graeme Gowland was fourth, beating off the STEL Suzuki superbike of Aaron Zanotti to take the spot on his Appleyard Macadam 600 Yamaha.
Seventh place was another close battle, with Dave Johnson holding off Jonathan Railton and Josh Elliot by only 0.1 seconds to finish as best superstock machine.
"We've proved in BSB that the combination of the Milwaukee Yamaha and myself have gelled really well, and by taking the other three top guys out, we've shown just how bloody strong the package is. It was good to get some development time in and have suspension and gearing setting ready for the Showdown."
Silverstone 200, Hertz British Grand Prix, race one result:
- James Ellison (Milwaukee Yamaha)
- Peter Hickman (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +13.389s
- Dan Linfoot (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +25.093s
- Josh Waters (Milwaukee Yamaha) +26.183s
- Graeme Gowland (Appleyard Macadam Racing Yamaha) +42.853s
- Aaron Zanotti (STEL Suzuki) +48.122s
- David Johnson (Four Anjels Racing Kawasaki) +49.818s
- Jonathan Railton (Team WD40 Kawasaki) +49.944s
- Josh Elliot (GAR Acorns Proseal Kawasaki) +51.671s
- Danny Johnson (Four Anjels Racing Kawasaki) +51.939s