After three days of testing at Cartagena, Luke Mossey remains the fastest man on track on the Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki ZX-10R. Half a second slower is Danny Buchan on the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati and Leon Haslam who is making a strong start to his return to BSB on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki.
Less than a second covers the first seven runners.
Shakey Byrne dropped from fourth fastest on Friday to 12th on Saturday after a couple of excursions into the gravel traps on the Be Wiser Ducati. His rookie teammate, Glenn Irwin was 16th fastest in an impressive debut. Michael Laverty and Christian Iddon were within a tenth of one another on the Tyco BMWs.
John Hopkins love affair with his new ePayMe Yamaha continues as he is right on the pace in seventh. His teammate Stuart Easton is taking longer to find his feet with the R1 in 17th. Dan Kneen returned to the track yesterday, battered and sore after his opening day crash on the Mar-Train Yamaha.
Sunday sees the final day of action at the Spanish venue with many of the teams staying on for another week to take part in tests at Almeria and Guadix.
1. Luke Mossey (Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki) 1m:33.1s
2. Danny Buchan (Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati) 1m:33.6s
3. Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) 1m:33.6s
4. Michael Laverty (Tyco BMW) 1m:33.7s
5. Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) 1m:33.8s
6. James Ellison (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) 1m:33.9s
7. John Hopkins (ePayMe Yamaha) 1m:34.0s
8. Peter Hickman (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) 1m:34.3s
9. Lee Jackson (Buildbase BMW) 1m:34.6s
10. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Bennetts Suzuki) 1m:34.7s
= Tommy Bridewell (Bennetts Suzuki) 1m:34.7s
12. Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:34.8s
= Fillip Backlund (Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki) 1m:34.8s
= Martin Jessopp (RidersMotorcycles.com BMW) 1m:34.8s
15. Richard Cooper (Buildbase BMW) 1m:35.0s
16. Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:35.3s
17. Stuart Easton (ePayMe Yamaha) 1m:35.5s
18. Alastair Seeley (Royal Air Force BMW) 1m:36.8s