BSB: Haslam to race in final round of Japanese Superbikes
British Superbike star Leon Haslam is set to compete in the final round of the All Japan Superbike Championship at Suzuka next month.
Haslam will be reunited with his Suzuka Eight Hour Team Green team-mates Akira Yanagawa and Kazuki Watanabe once again this year, with whom he took Kawasaki to second place on the podium.
The invitation exemplifies the strong relationship Haslam has built with Kawasaki since signing to ride for the manufacturer in the British series this year.
- “If you look up cool in the dictionary a f***ing picture of Triumph comes up…”
- Gallery: Part 3 of Intermot international motorcycle show
- Intermot: R nineT Racer leads BMW's retro revolution
- 30 years of the Suzuki RGV500
- BSB: Ellison hoping for no team orders at Brands
“It’s going to be a busy end to the season,” Haslam said. “I pushed hard to ride at the Suzuka Eight Hour as I knew I could deliver a great result, so to be asked back to ride in the JSB final is flattering and I will try as hard as I can to get on the podium.”
The final around of the Japanese Superbike series takes place at Suzuka on November 6th, three weeks after Haslam goes head to head with rival Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne for the British Superbike crown at Brands Hatch next weekend.