BSB: Iddon fastest in Oulton FP3
Christian Iddon topped the timesheets in a damp, but drying FP3 at Oulton Park. The Tyco BMW rider led from Czech rider Jakub Smrz, in a field divided by over six seconds. Third was the BMW of Richard Cooper, who was 0.9 seconds off the quickest time.
Cooper was the first to brave the conditions on slicks, with most opting for the intermediate tyre. He finished ahead of Be Wiser Ducati’s Glenn Irwin. Following him was Kawasaki’s James Ellison and RAF Regular & Reserve BMW rider Alastair Seeley.
- MV Agusta boss: "Yamaha team up with Krugger Motorcycles for MotoGP inspired Yard Built Supercharged SR400"
- ”BMW G310R first ride today”
- MCN Fleet: The GS goes back to the workshop
- Gallery: Barry Sheene Parade at Silverstone
- MotoGP: 58 retired to honour Marco Simoncelli
Championship leader Shane Byrne was eighth behind Buildbase BMW’s Lee Jackson, after heading out for four laps at the end of the session. His closest title rival Leon Haslam did not set a time. Following them was Jason O’Halloran, with Peter Hickman rounding out the top ten.
Showdown hopeful Michael Laverty was roughly 3.5 seconds off of the quickest time and finished in seventeenth place, completing just four laps.