BSB: Jessopp returns with Riders Motorcycles BMW
Martin Jessopp and Ridersmotorcycles BMW will return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship this year as the team bid to build on a best result of tenth in 2016.
Yeovil’s Jessopp will continue onboard the S 1000RR when the championship gets underway at Donington Park (31 March – 2 April) after rounding out last season with a podium finish at the Macau Grand Prix and a best result of tenth place at his home round of Thruxton with the dealer-based Ridersmotorcycles BMW team.
- Beat the winter blues with the Christini AWD II-Track
- Dambusters’ European charity raid
- Bike-wreck! Underwater motorcycles found off Australian coast
- Street Cup first ride: “Triumph has done a great job”
- Video: Watch James May build a Honda Z50 Mini Trail
Jessopp said: “We are looking forward to getting out testing ready for the start of the season after the result we had at Macau. We know that the BMW has big potential and we showed that when everything is right we can be pushing inside the top ten. We have some new upgrades for this season including the new swingarm that we will be testing, so that’s a big positive already. You obviously want the next season to be better than the one before so we are aiming high this year.”